The latest report on COVID-19 in Muscatine County show a high level of transmission, as the delta variant continues to spread.
The weekly report from Mayor Diana Broderson on Friday stated there had been 74 new cases in the last seven days, bringing the total to 5,425 since the pandemic began.
Eight percent of the 845 tests conducted over the last seven days came back positive. No additional deaths were reported, as the death toll remained at 106.
As of August 11, 58 percent of eligible individuals in Muscatine County are fully vaccinated, 21 percent are unvaccinated or still need their second dose, and 21 percent of individuals in Muscatine County are under 12 and are not eligible to receive the vaccine at this time.
Muscatine County Public Health, 1609 Cedar Street, is doing walk in vaccination clinics on Wednesdays and Fridays. Call them with questions 563-263-0122. They will do everything they can to help you get the vaccine and/or answer any questions.
You can also walk in most pharmacies without an appointment and get a vaccine at any time that is convenient for you.
If you have missed your second vaccine, you can still go in at anytime to get the second dose. You do not need to start over. Please complete the series so you have effective coverage.
If you are homebound or need transportation assistance to get the vaccine, please call Senior Resources at 563-263-7292.
State of Iowa data:
- 5,250 positive cases since 10:00 am last Friday for a total of 419,238.
- 64,409 negative tests since 10:00 am last Friday.
- 17 additional deaths since 10:00 am last Friday for a total of 6,210.
- 69,659 additional tests for a total of 5,441,421 in Iowa.
- 8% of tests since 10:00 am last Friday were positive.
- 3,111,339 doses of vaccine administered in Iowa.
- 1,560,228 completed series (2nd dose or only 1 required) in Iowa.
- 47.6 percent of the total population in Iowa is fully vaccinated.
More from Mayor Broderson:
We still have more work to do to get our County vaccinated and safe from COVID-19 and its new variants. Thank you for your care and concern and please contact me if you have any questions. Please remain diligent fighting COVID! #maskupmuscatine and continue to follow all safety guidelines including hand washing and social distancing. Please join me in prayer for those who are sick, grieving the loss of a loved one, or serving as an essential worker. Have a great day and stay safe! Thank you!