The City of Muscatine has a variety of full-time, part-time, and seasonal employment opportunities available and is actively seeking applications from individuals who have the desire and interest to work for an organization that takes pride in the community, community service, and pride in employees.
The City of Muscatine is seeking individuals within a 30-mile radius of the Muscatine city limits (including Iowa and Illinois residents) who would like to join the team as we work to make Muscatine a better place to live, work, and raise a family.
The Department of Public Works (DPW) has an opening for an engineer who would assist with city/civil engineering studies, project design, review, and inspections relating to City infrastructure related projects. The position has responsibility to oversee and perform design for Capital Improvements as assigned. Other responsibilities include reviewing easement documents, design and construction projects in accordance with state laws and engineering standards. Click ENGINEER for more details.
The City of Muscatine is also looking for people to fill the following positions:
- Kent-Stein Maintenance workers
- Seasonal equipment operators
- Substitute refuse collectors
- Part-time Library Page
- Transit Drivers
The Muscatine Parks and Recreation Department is recruiting dependable, hardworking individuals to fill seasonal positions for the spring and summer of 2022. The Muscatine City Council recently passed an increase in the hourly rate for seasonal workers making these positions a great opportunity for individuals, including high school and college students, seeking work through the spring and summer.
The Muscatine Municipal Golf Course is looking for a CLUBHOUSE SUPERVISOR who would be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the clubhouse.
The Parks and Recreation Department is in need of seasonal MAINTENANCE WORKERS at Kent Stein Park and the Muscatine Soccer Complex including laborer and on-site supervisor’s.
A complete list of opportunities is available on the City of Muscatine website at SUMMER POSITIONS.
Other opportunities for employment with the City of Muscatine include:
- Firefighter – The Muscatine Fire Department is compiling a list of prospective candidates for the position of firefighter. If you are interested in joining our premier team of firefighter-paramedics, please submit your application to be placed on the current selection list by the May 18 deadline. Click here to view our recruitment video.
- Substitute Refuse Collector – The Muscatine Transfer Station is accepting applications for individuals to serve as a substitute refuse collector on an as needed basis. Hours will vary depending on need. Individuals applying should be reliable, physically able to lift 75 pounds and be able to work flexible and early morning hours. The position will remain open until filled.
- Transit Driver (Part-Time) – The Transit Division of the Department of Public Works is looking for a few people who love driving and providing excellent customer service to the community. Click on the link for more information on hours and qualifications. The position will remain open until filled. All applicants are welcomed.
- Library Page – This position is responsible for putting books and other materials on shelves in correct shelf order, and reshelves items that are out of place, and shifts materials within the collection.
For more information, visit the Employment Opportunities section on the City of Muscatine web site. The City of Muscatine is an equal employment affirmative action employer.