Street construction at various locations throughout Muscatine may cause traffic delays in the next several weeks.
- Grandview Avenue will be closed Thursday, June 3, through Monday, June 7, from Oregon to Main for a sewer repair. Northbound traffic will be detoured to Liberty at the Oregon intersection.
- Chestnut Street will be closed at the intersection with West 8th Street Thursday, June 3, through Monday, June 7, for a sewer repair. No parking will be allowed on the north side of West 8th from Pine to Chestnut for the safety of work crews.
- Lane restrictions went into effect Wednesday, June 2, on West Fulliam Avenue between Devitt Avenue and Hammond Street for full depth patching in that block. Temporary traffic signals have been installed to facilitate the flow of traffic around the construction area. Work in that block is expected to take at least two weeks, weather permitting, with the south side completed first and then the north side. Full depth patching of Fulliam from Hammond to Kindler will begin after the first block is completed.
- West 8th Street was closed to through traffic starting Tuesday, June 1, between Lucas and Climer streets as Phase V of the West Hill Sanitary and Storm Sewer Separation Project continues. Work is currently underway to replace the sanitary sewer from 891 West 8th Street to the Climer intersection.
- Park Avenue traffic is currently restricted to the eastern two lanes for Stage 3 (the east side of Park Avenue from just south of Colorado through the Washington Street intersection). Two way traffic will be maintained in the eastern two lanes of Park Avenue.
Drivers are reminded to slow down and use caution when travelling through construction zones, obey traffic control devices, and be aware of workers. Use alternate routes when possible.
For more information on City of Muscatine construction projects click on CONSTRUCTION to visit the Department of Public Works Construction Projects page.